Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Person In The Mirror

Everyday I make an effort
But it all goes in vain,
as the sun settles in peace
I sit back feeling drained.
I’ve done everything I could,
I have looked all around,
but that ‘person in the mirror’
Is nowhere to be found.
The one there now, tells me
‘Its me…I am the same’
but how can I believe this
it must be just the name.
For those eyes were bright and vibrant,
sparkling like sun on springs
not these hollow blanks that stare
and hesitate to blink.
Those lips were flushed with colour of life,
not parched and dead like these
they’d part to give a crackling laughter
these give out silent screams.
The person then was filled with pride,
the head was always high,
No! its not this person
who doesn’t even look in the eye.
They are not the same,
they don’t even talk alike
One would talk of hope and truth,
one is living a lie.
I wonder if I’ll ever find him,
I wonder if he’ll come back,
that ‘person in the mirror’,
I wonder if he’s dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home