Sunday, January 23, 2005

You and I




When you looked at me,
I felt I was beautiful.

When you smiled at what I said,
I liked myself.

When you called out my name,
It sounded good to me.

When you confided in me,
I began to trust myself.

When you listened to me,
I believed in myself.

When you encouraged,
I realized I was capable.

When you explained,
I learnt to accept.

When you agreed,
I was convinced.

When you were sad,
I knew despair.

When you were laughing,
I found my happiness.

When you were tired,
I understood an embrace.

When you touched me,
I became complete.

When you met me,
I started living.

When you left,
I buried myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger vaz said...

dear shubha,simply said and aptly put. but can we allow our sense of self worth to come from someone else? scary, what say you?
love yourself, as the song goes ,its the greatest love of all.
best,

2:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home